CPA Praying Together – March 2021
“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” Lam. 3:22-23
Please join us and feel free to pass on to friends.
In these unprecedented times, let’s begin by reflecting on the greatness and goodness of the God to whom we pray. We come before an amazing Father God who is both powerful and merciful.
In Psalm 34:18 it says, ‘The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.’
And in Psalm 103:19, ‘The Lord has established his throne in Heaven, and his kingdom rules over all.’
- Please lift in prayer the P7 children at St Paul’s School in Rukungiri who are currently sitting their leavers exams. After much disturbance to the rhythm of school in the past months they will be working hard and hoping for good results.
- Great news, as the P6 children at St Paul’s start back to school this week. Please pray for the logistics of this move and the safety and wellbeing of all pupils and staff. Let’s pray they can settle quickly and once again enjoy the process of learning.
- In Kampala, the older Komamboga Children are resuming their vocational courses. They are very excited to get going again. Please pray for a safe environment in which they can pick up their studies and begin to flourish once more.
- Let’s also pray for those in positions of authority:
Father, we seek your wisdom daily. Be with people making decisions that affect the lives and futures of families, communities, countries, and the wider world. We pray that they would communicate clearly, truthfully, and calmly with each other and with the public they are serving. May truth and empathy be the touchstones for people setting policies for our/their protection and betterment.
- As we think of the children returning to St. Paul’s School and those sitting their exams, please join us in this prayer, which we have used many times on our visits to St Paul’s School:
- News is emerging of heinous crimes being carried out on civilians in the Tigray region of Ethiopia. The Telegraph reports (27.02.21) that the war has left thousands dead and more than two million displaced.
- Please continue to pray for God’s peace to be upon the country, and for a halt to further horrendous acts of evil, like those that have already taken place.
- Let’s pray for those who are serving the displaced, the orphans and widows at this critical time. May they find enough reserves to keep going in the face of such difficulty.
- Currently 159,972 cases of COVID-19 are present in the country with 2,373 deaths and 135,177 people recovered. Please pray for a focused roll out of the vaccine. Ethiopia has secured 9 million doses, but with a population of 110 million there is a lot of work to be done.
- Our friend and partner Beletew has been in touch! We are so grateful to him for what he is doing. Please pray for him, his health and his family.
- Beletew and his team are keen to continuously develop services that help empower girls and women. More of this in next month’s prayer update. In the meantime, let’s pray that the women that have benefitted in the past, will in time reach out and positively influence others.