CPA Praying Together 18.05.20
Please join us and feel free to pass on to friends
Jehovah Shalom, Lord of Peace, we pray for those currently living in isolation and fear. May they know your presence in their isolation, your peace in their turmoil, and your patience in their waiting. Prince of Peace, you are powerful and merciful.
In these unprecedented times in which we are living, feel free to use this short update to help you pray for our friends in Africa.
- Uganda currently has 248 cases; 21 in the last 24 hours, 0 deaths and 63 recovered. Most cases are arriving in the country with cross boarder truck drivers. The lockdown has been slightly eased but people are still seriously struggling for food.
- Join us in giving thanks for a recent agreement that has been reached between CPA and Bishop Benon of North Kigezi District, enabling the distribution of emergency food boxes to the 129 caregiving families of children on the scholarship programme at St Paul’s School in Rukungiri.
- Please pray for their ability to purchase food locally and quickly so that distribution can go ahead safely without delay.
- Please continue to pray for the Komamboga children and their families in lockdown in Kampala. We have been able to get emergency food parcels out to those in most need.
- Please pray for Julius as he heads up the Komamboga project.
- Please pray for the children, guardians, project workers, teachers and social workers in Rukungiri. The P7 children will return to school (with facemasks) in June to enable them to study for their Primary Leavers exams, which take place in November.
- Ethiopia currently reports 352 cases; 35 in the last 24 hours, 5 deaths and 116 recovered. Please continue to lift our friend Beletew and his colleagues in prayer as they seek to help communities in their struggles with the capacity to cope.
- Malawi has 70 cases; 3 deaths and 40 active cases.
May El Shaddai, the Lord God Almighty, who loves us, protect us and our African friends.
May Jesus Christ His Son, who died for us, save us.
May the Holy Spirit, who broods over the chaos and fills us with his presence, intercede for us and in us, for others at this time.
Thanks for praying with us.